Injured in a Car Accident?
REQUEST YOUR FREE CASE EVAL WITH OUR RHODE ISLAND CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
Car accidents are a leading cause of serious injuries in Rhode Island, with traffic deaths reaching near decade highs in 2020 with less traffic on the road due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to the Providence Journal. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car collision, working with an experienced Rhode Island car accident lawyer at the personal injury law firm Marin and Barrett, Inc. can help maximize your recovery and insurance settlement. We are dedicated to seeking justice and full compensation for car accident victims.
Why Choose Us: Marin and Barrett, Inc.
The law firm Marin and Barrett, Inc. is comprised of experienced trial attorneys who have established a different kind of personal injury law firm. At our firm, you can expect hands-on case management. The large injury law firms you see advertised on TV typically employ paralegals or case managers to deal with their clients. These employees rarely see or speak with their car collision attorney, or can wait days, or even weeks for a return call.
When you are represented by our team at Marin and Barrett, Inc., our Rhode Island auto accident lawyers are your point of contact. We ensure you are kept fully informed of the progress of your car accident case. The benefits of working with our team include:
- Cases taken on a contingency fee basis – you do not pay any legal fees until we reach a settlement or win your case.
- A direct, open line of communication with our clients, available for any questions or concerns at any time of the day. We even have a phone call guarantee policy: we promise to return your call within 24 hours.
Why Do I Need a RI Car Accident Lawyer?
In a case of serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries, a car crash case can be incredibly complex to navigate. While it may appear to be clear who was at fault for the car accident, the insurance company representing the at-fault party is focused upon how to pay out as little as possible in any settlement. Without an experienced trial lawyer protecting your rights and interests, your ability to recover fair and full compensation for your pain, suffering, and medical bills is at risk.
There are countless details to manage in an auto accident injury case, including gathering and preserving all evidence to support your claim or lawsuit, as well as accessing professional resources such as motor vehicle accident investigators, auto accident reconstruction experts, financial experts, and medical experts. Our Providence personal injury attorneys provide our clients with the full scope of resources, enabling us to craft a case that can be successful in settlement negotiations or subsequently at trial.
What are the Common Causes of Car Accidents?
The most common causes of car collisions in Rhode Island include:
- Carelessness: Drivers not paying enough attention to the road and other drivers and road users around them is extremely dangerous.
- Speeding: A driver who fails to follow posted speed limits is often responsible for causing serious injuries or wrongful death in a collision.
- Distracted driving: Distracted drivers are a serious problem in Rhode Island. Vehicle operators take their driving time as the appropriate time to eat, groom themselves, engage in phone conversations, or otherwise fail to pay attention to the road ahead.
- Texting: Reading or writing text messages while driving is a very dangerous activity, as no attention is being paid to the road, other vehicles, and road hazards that must be avoided, and has been found to be the cause of many serious car collisions in Rhode Island.
- Drunk driving: A tragic number of deaths occur in Rhode Island each year due to drunk driving accidents.
- Drug-Intoxication: Drugged driving is as dangerous as drunk driving, with altered perceptions leading to driver errors and negligent driving behavior.
- Reckless Driving: A driver who fails to operate a vehicle without due regard for the safety of others, whether speeding, swerving from lane to lane, or other form of negligent driving behavior, takes risks that could result in a serious injury auto accident.
When another driver violates traffic laws and causes an automobile accident, that person must held accountable for their actions. At Marin and Barrett, Inc., our team of Providence car collision lawyers will protect your right to seek to recover the maximum compensation possible, based upon the facts in your case.
What are Common Car Accident Injuries?
A motor vehicle accident can lead to very serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Loss of limb
- Permanent disfigurement
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
Car Accident Insurance Laws in Rhode Island
After an auto collision that resulted in serious or fatal injuries, you have limited time in which to file a lawsuit under Rhode Island law. The Rhode Island statute of limitations allows three years from the time of the car accident in which to file a lawsuit.
Some car collision cases may be more complex if the crash was caused by an uninsured driver. To learn more about the details of your insurance policy and your rights to file a lawsuit, speak with our accident attorneys today.
How Much Does a Car Accident Lawyer Charge?
Law firms vary in how they charge their clients. At Marin and Barrett, Inc., our Providence personal injury lawyers operate on a strict policy: our clients owe no legal fees unless we win. When our auto accident lawyers take on a case, we are dedicated to developing a case that is fully supported by evidence.
Our years in practice and our experience working with insurance companies can be of great benefit to you. We understand the various strategies insurance adjusters employ to try to reduce the value of a claim. The legal fees are paid out of an agreed-upon percentage of the financial compensation or insurance settlement we achieve for you.
What to Do After a Car Accident
The actions you take directly after an automobile accident can impact your ability to recover fair compensation for damages. In a minor accident which only caused damage to your vehicle, your auto insurance company can help you get compensation to repair or replace your vehicle through your coverage. When serious injuries occur, follow these basic steps so your right to full compensation is protected:
- Check all passengers in your vehicle to determine if anyone has been injured.
- Call 911 so emergency medical attention can be administered to the injured at the scene.
- If you are able, take pictures of the accident scene, the vehicles, damage to property, skid marks on roadway, etc.
- Do not admit fault.
- Gather the insurance information, name, address, and phone number of the other driver(s).
- Get the badge numbers of police investigating the scene.
- Collect names, addresses and phone numbers of eyewitnesses.
- Ensure you have a full medical evaluation following the accident.
- Get a copy of the police report as soon as it becomes available.
- Hire an accident attorney from the personal injury law firm Marin and Barrett, Inc. to help you with the insurance companies involved and reach a favorable insurance settlement.
As experienced trial lawyers, our approach is different. We approach cases differently than what you may find at many larger law firms you see promoted on television. Rather than taking on a huge number of cases and running our firm like a “mill,” every person we represent gets the full focus of our accident attorneys. We work long hours in case development so when the car accident claim or lawsuit is filed, it is presented professionally, fully supported by evidence. If the case cannot be settled outside of court, we move forward with a lawsuit to seek justice. Your case will be thoroughly evaluated to determine the financial value of the damages, including:
- Economic damages: These losses include medical expenses, now and future, lost earning capacity, lost income from work, and all other costs associated with the injuries. Economic damages may also include the cost to repair any property damaged in the collision.
- Non-economic damages: These are the personal losses associated with the accident. Often times claims include pain and suffering, emotional distress, emotional anguish of living with impairments, and loss of quality of life.
- Punitive damages: These damages are intended to punish the person responsible for the accident. Punitive damages are only paid when it can be established that the injury accident involved an act of malice, or willful and wanton conduct (a reckless disregard for the safety of others).
At Marin and Barrett, Inc., we care about recovering the full amount you deserve to help you rebuild you life. Call or submit a form online today to schedule a free consultation and you will hear back from an experienced personal injury lawyer quickly to discuss your claim.
Contact Marin and Barrett, Inc. for Help
Our accident attorneys can help accident victims after a collision throughout Rhode Island. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle collision, you have legal options. Call Marin and Barrett, Inc. today for a free case evaluation from a of our highly rated Providence car accident lawyer.