Slip & Fall? Start Here.
REQUEST YOUR FREE CASE REVIEW WITH A CHARLESTON SLIP AND FALL LAWYER
Slip and fall accidents can happen at anytime and anywhere. Some of these accidents cause minor injuries that can heal with medical treatment. However, others lead to severe injuries requiring extensive physical therapy and could result in permanent disability. If you or a loved one has been injured after a slip, trip or fall accident, contact the aggressive Charleston based South Carolina personal injury law firm of Marin and Barrett, Inc. to find out how Attorney Matthew Marin can help. Attorney Marin has been ranked by the SuperLawyers organization as a “Rising Star” and now a “SuperLawyer” from 2014 through 2020. Attorney Matthew Marin understands the pain and suffering that can be caused by these accidents. It may be possible for you to hold the property owner liable for the injuries you sustained. We can help you pursue the maximum available compensation you need to heal so you can get your life back. Call to schedule a free, no obligation case evaluation today. We are available 24/7 at (843) 642-2449 to take your call.
Property owners are required to create an environment that’s entirely safe for their guests. That means performing routine maintenance, repairing discovered damage promptly, and removing tripping hazards. Negligent or careless actions can result in dangerous conditions that lead to serious injuries and property damage. Charleston Slip and Fall Lawyer Matthew Marin understands the frustration you feel from getting hurt when something the property owner could have done would have prevented your accident and injury. You have the right to seek legal action against the at-fault party and recover the money you need to afford medical treatment and other associated expenses.
Call Attorney Matthew Marin today at (843) 642-2449 to learn more about our slip and fall accident legal services and how we can help. We’re happy to meet with you for a free consultation to discuss the details of your case and advise you of the legal options that you have.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER HIRING A SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEY?
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you need an attorney that will fight for you. Here is what you should expect:
- Your lawyer should see you in person, whether at the office, your home, or the hospital
- Gather evidence about the accident, how it happened, and who may be responsible
- Determine the party or parties who may be liable
- Figure out what your case is worth
- Negotiate with the other parties or their attorneys
- File a lawsuit if need be
- Build a case for settlement or trial, depending on your needs
Charleston Slip and Fall Attorneys
**YOU ONLY PAY IF WE WIN**
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a slip and fall accident, the steps you take immediately following can be critical to preserving the proof needed for a legal claim. Evidence in these types of cases tends to be perishable, so securing it soon after the fact can be extraordinarily helpful. You should do your best to take the following steps:
- Get the contact information for any potential witnesses
- Take photos of the area
- Make a written report to the property owner or manager
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Do not speak with or give a statement to the opposing insurance adjuster
- Do not sign anything or relinquish your rights with an adjuster
- Consult with a slip and fall attorney as soon as possible