Animal attacks carry the risk of serious injury or even death. Every year, a considerable number of people get life-threatening injuries or even die as a result of being attacked by animals. Cats, bats, and snakes are just a few of the animals that have been known to show aggression. These incidents can take place anywhere, including residential properties, or even in public places like parks or playgrounds. Hence, it is critical to have a clear understanding of the dangers posed by animal attacks and to take measures to safeguard oneself and one's family.
Have You Been Injured in an Accident in Rhode Island?
YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION. COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION
The most common animal attack is a dog bite. When a dog bites, it may do serious damage because of its strength and sharp teeth. And they might be aggressive, attacking others for no apparent reason. In addition, many dogs are not up-to-date on their vaccines, placing people at risk of contracting infectious diseases from animals. Rabies, a fatal disease that may be transmitted by dog bites, is a serious concern. It is a serious threat, therefore it’s essential to be prepared.
Address: 6 Wanton Shippee Rd Suite 101, East Greenwich, RI 02818, United States
Phone: 1 (401) 298-9116
The Danger of Rabies
Rabies is a devastating viral disease that manifests itself in symptoms that impair the nervous system. The bite of an infected animal, most often a dog, is the mode of transmission that is seen most frequently. The virus enters the nervous system and makes its way to the brain, where it causes inflammation and damage to the tissues. If treatment is not received, rabies nearly often results in death.
Symptoms usually start to show up a few weeks after exposure, but sometimes they take much longer. Early symptoms might include fever, a headache, and a general feeling of weakness. Dog bite accident victims who are suffering from an advanced stage of the disease may have hallucinations, delirium, and even paralysis. Rabies is a fatal disease that cannot be treated, but it may be avoided with vaccination.
What Should You Do if You Get Bitten by a Dog?
In the event that a dog bites you, it is essential that you get medical assistance as soon as possible. It’s possible that you’ll require stitches to mend the wound, or maybe even surgery. A dog bite injury may bring bacteria into the body that can cause infection, even if the wound does not seem to be severe.
After receiving medical care, the next step is to get in touch with the local animal control department. This step should be done as soon as possible. They will be able to conduct an investigation into the occurrence and assess whether or not the dog’s vaccines are up to date. They are able to determine the potential exposure to rabies and then take the necessary precautions to also safeguard the community.
You could also have to provide a statement to the police if they decide to investigate the incident. You might need the assistance of dog bite attorneys to assist you in obtaining the financial compensation that you are entitled to for the injuries that you have sustained.
Dog Bite Lawyer in Warwick
Marin and Barrett is a leading law firm when it comes to dog bite cases in Warwick.
We at Marin and Barrett, Inc. are aware of the physical, and emotional trauma, as well as the monetary toll that animal bites can have on the sufferer and their family members. Being bite injury lawyers, we have represented a large number of clients who have been attacked by dogs, and we are familiar with the procedures necessary to achieve favorable outcomes.
We will conduct a comprehensive investigation into what occurred and collect all of the data that we need to construct a compelling argument. In addition to this, we will negotiate with the insurance company and see to it that you get the compensation to which you are entitled.
If you or someone you care about has been attacked by a dog, give Marin and Barrett, Inc. a call right away. For a free case consultation, simply call (888) 348-2735. An experienced dog bite attorney will advocate on your behalf and work to get the justice and bite claim that you deserve.
Advantages of Partnering With Dog Bite Attorneys
If you or a member of your family has been bitten by a dog, you may be thinking about whether or not it is worthwhile to work with an attorney who has experience in cases involving dog bites. The following is a short list of the many benefits that come with working with a dog bite injury attorney:
- Dog bite lawyers are well-versed in the intricate legal framework governing dog attacks, or bite lawsuits and can help victims and their families get justice. Together, you have a better chance of getting the financial compensation you need and deserve.
- They know how traumatic the experience can be. Throughout the duration of the case, they may be there to provide assistance and advice.
- An experienced dog bite lawyer has connections to experts and doctors that the injured party may not know about. Delivering this argument could be the deciding factor in whether or not your case is successful.
Contact a dog bite lawyer immediately if you or a loved one has been injured by a dog. Seek justice, and get the money you’re owed, with their assistance.
Find a Competent Lawyer To Defend You
Finding a lawyer with experience in dog bite cases is essential if you or a loved one has been injured by a dog attack. Here are some things to consider while considering a dog bite attorney to represent you:
- Find a lawyer who has worked with successful dog bite cases before. Because of this, you may be certain that they understand the relevant legal framework and can craft a compelling case on your behalf.
- Get an attorney who will handle your case on a contingency fee basis. In other words, they won’t get paid until you do. As a result, you can rest assured that they will make every effort to serve your interests to the fullest.
- Be careful to choose an attorney you can have confidence in. You should have complete faith in this person’s advocacy skills since you will be working directly with them throughout the legal procedure.
Your Dog Bite Lawyers: Marin and Barrett, Inc.
Personal injury is one of the areas of focus of Marin and Barrett, Inc., a legal company that has experience in cases including those involving dog bites. Our attorneys who handle dog-bite lawsuits have a history of winning cases. We have extensive experience representing clients in a broad variety of dog bite situations, and we are committed to defending our client’s legal interests in every case we take on.
We are dedicated to holding irresponsible dog owners accountable because we are aware of the physical and emotional suffering that may be caused by a dog bite. Our years of experience have shown us that a significant number of dog attacks might have been avoided if the owner had taken the necessary procedures to ensure their personal safety. Because of this, we think it is very vital to inform the general public about the dangers posed by dog bites and the measures that may be taken to lessen the likelihood of suffering such.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in Warwick as a result of a dog bite, do not hesitate to get in touch with Marin and Barrett, Inc. as soon as possible. We will evaluate your situation and discuss the available legal solutions with you. Our aim is to assist you in receiving the maximum compensation and justice to which you are legally entitled.
Make an appointment right away to speak with one of our dog bite attorneys for free. Simply call (888) 348-2735 or visit https://www.marinbarrettlaw.com/ to get started.
About Warwick, Rhode Island
The city of Warwick can be found in Kent County, Rhode Island. Population-wise, it’s the third-biggest city in the state. Warwick is about 171 miles northeast of New York City, 63 miles southwest of Boston, Massachusetts, and 12 miles south of downtown Providence.
Warwick is well-known for its proximity to ocean beaches and its wealth of colonial architecture and culture. There are 35.5 square miles of land and 14.1 square miles of water in the city, according to the United States Census Bureau.
Major Traversing Highways
- Interstate 295
- Interstate 95
Parks in the Area
- Warwick City Park, located at Steven O’Connor Blvd, 02889
- Rocky Point State Park, located at 1 Rocky Point Ave, 02889
- Goddard Memorial State Park, located at 1095 Ives Rd, 02818
Frequently Visited Beaches
- Conimicut Point Beach, located at Point Ave 02889
- Rocky Point Beach, located at 1 Rocky Point Ave, 02889
- Buttonwoods Beach, located at Steven O’Connor Blvd, 02889
- Goddard Memorial State Park Beach, located at 1095 Ives Rd., 02818
Other Notable Areas
- Aldrich Mansion, located at 836 Warwick Neck Ave, 02889
- Warwick Lighthouse, located at 1350 Warwick Neck Ave 02889
- Clouds Hill Museum, located at 4157 Post Rd, 02818
- Oliver A. Wickes House, located at 794 Major Potter Rd, 02818