If you have been injured in an accident, it's vital to seek legal help as soon as possible. Marin and Barrett, Inc. are experienced personal injury attorneys in Rhode Island who can assist you with your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Have You Been Injured in an Accident in Rhode Island?
YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION. COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION
By seeking legal help from Marin and Barrett, Inc., you can help ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled. Our lawyers and trial attorneys will work tirelessly on your behalf to try to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Contact us today at our Rhode Island office at 1 (401) 298-9116 or visit us at 6 Wanton Shippee Rd Suite 101, East Greenwich, RI for a free consultation!
Address: 6 Wanton Shippee Rd Suite 101, East Greenwich, RI 02818, United States
Phone: 1 (401) 298-9116
Personal Injury Attorney in Rhode Island
In order to determine the value of your personal injury case, our Rhode Island team of personal injury attorneys must look at a combination of factors including pain and suffering, lost wages, permanency of the injury, any scarring or disfigurement, loss of consortium, medical bills, periods of disability and more.
If you’re considering hiring a personal injury lawyer in Rhode Island, here are a few things that you should keep in mind:
First, it’s important to understand that negligence is the key factor in a personal injury lawsuit. This means that the injured party must be able to prove that the other party was responsible for their injuries. Our experienced team of personal injury attorneys can help you navigate through the process of proving negligence.
Second, an insurance company often tries to achieve lower settlements in a personal injury lawsuit. This is why it’s important to have an experienced lawyer on your side who can negotiate with the insurance company and get you the fair compensation you deserve.
Third, personal injury cases can take a long time to resolve. This is another reason why it’s important to have an experienced lawyer on your side who can help you navigate the legal process and get you the justice you deserve.
Finally, it’s important to understand that you may be entitled to compensation beyond just your medical bills and lost wages. You may also be entitled to punitive damages, which are designed to punish the other party for their negligence.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, contact Marin and Barrett, Inc. today for a free consultation at our Rhode Island office. We’ll help you understand your legal rights and options, and we’ll fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
What is Personal Injury Law?
Personal injury law is a legal area that helps people who have been injured due to the negligence of another party. Ultimately, it is about ensuring that regular people are able to get the compensation they need to heal and move on with their lives.
If you or someone you love has been injured, you may be wondering how an attorney can help. The answer depends on the specific facts of your case. However, in general, personal injury law provides a way for people to hold wrongdoers accountable and get the support needed in pursuit of justice for victims of negligence. Don’t let someone else’s bad decision cost you money in medical treatment.
If you have questions about personal injury law, we encourage you to contact us. Our legal team has extensive experience and can help you understand your rights and options. We also handle wrongful death cases, which are similar to personal injury cases but involve death instead of injury.
Type of Personal Injury Claim?
Marin and Barrett Inc. has experience in many types of personal injury cases in the Rhode Island area. Depending on your case, you may need to go to trial with an experienced trial attorney, but most times claims are settled out of court. Below are some examples of what we can help with:
Injuries to the neck and spine are common in many accidents such as automobile accidents and motorcycle accidents. If you have suffered a neck injury, we will work with you to get the compensation to cover your medical bills. We take pride in ensuring you get the medical treatment you deserve.
Motor Vehicle Accidents: Defective Automobiles
Motor vehicle collisions are all too common and the injuries sustained in them can be severe and require medical treatment. If you’ve been involved in a motor vehicle accident, you may be facing significant medical bills, lost wages, and a long road to recovery. An automobile collision can be caused by defective automobiles or operators making a grave error. That’s why you need experienced Personal Injury Attorneys on your side to help you prove negligence and try to get the compensation you deserve.
At Marin and Barrett Inc., our Motor Vehicle Collision Personal Injury Attorneys have the knowledge and experience to build a strong case on your behalf. We’ll work tirelessly to make sure you’re fairly compensated for your injuries, and we’ll take your case to trial if necessary. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us help you get the justice you deserve.
Motorcycle accidents can often result in serious, life-altering injuries (such as chest injuries or leg injuries), which is why it’s important to have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side. Our team of lawyers at Marin and Barrett Inc. have the knowledge and experience to get personal injury victims the medical treatment they deserve. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation today.
Pedestrian accidents are unfortunately all too common, especially in busy urban areas. These typically involve someone on foot colliding with a moving force, such as a motor vehicle or a bicycle. If you or a loved one has been involved in such an accident and it has affected your quality of life, reach out to Marin and Barrett, Inc.
See More Examples:
- Ambulance Accident
- ATV Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Boat Accident
- Bus Accident
- Dog Bite
- Golf Cart Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Slip and Fall Accident
- Swimming Pool Accident
- Truck Accident
Personal injurt lawsuits in rhode island
Personal Injury lawsuits can be filed for a variety of reasons, including accident claims, dental injuries, automobile collisions, motorcycle crashes, loss of hearing, slips and falls, medical malpractice, and more. In order to succeed in a personal injury lawsuit, the plaintiff must be able to prove that the defendant was at fault for the accident and that the plaintiff suffered damages as a result. Damages can include medical bills, lost wages, permanent injuries, crash injuries, and more. A personal injury lawsuit is filed when someone is injured because of the negligent actions of another person or entity (such as a business). Contact Marin and Barrett, Inc. today to speak with a personal injury lawyer who can evaluate your case.
what is a negligence liability?
The term negligence liability is used a lot in a personal injury lawsuit. But what does it actually mean?
Negligence is defined as the failure to exercise reasonable care. This means that if someone else’s actions (or inaction) caused your injuries, they may be held liable under the law.
There are four elements to negligence: duty, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
- Duty: The first element of negligence is duty. This simply means that the person who caused your injuries had a legal obligation to act in a certain way. For example, all drivers have a duty to operate their vehicles in a safe manner.
- Breach of Duty: The second element of negligence is breach of duty. This occurs when the person who caused your injuries fails to act in a reasonable manner. For example, if a driver speeding through a school zone causes an accident, they have breached their duty to operate their vehicle in a safe manner.
- Causation: The third element of negligence is causation. This means that the person who caused your real injuries must have caused your damages. In other words, there must be a causal link between the breach of duty and the damages you suffered.
- Damages: The fourth and final element of negligence is damages. This simply means that you must have suffered some type of injury or harm as a result of the other party’s negligence. This can include a physical injury, psychological injury, emotional distress, property damage, and more.
If you can prove all four elements of negligence, you may be able to recover compensation. If you need assistance proving negligence, contact Marin and Barrett, Inc. today! We provide our clients with top-rated legal advice and representation.
Wrongful Death and Compensation
When a loved one dies due to the negligence of another, the law provides certain rights to the surviving family members. While nothing can ever truly compensate for the loss of human life, the law does allow surviving family members to seek damages from the party responsible.
In order to level the playing field, however, these cases must be handled by an experienced law firm that knows how to navigate the complex legal landscape. The statute of limitations also plays an important role in these cases, as it sets a deadline for filing a claim.
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, it is important to seek experienced legal help as soon as possible. At Marin and Barrett, Inc., we fight hard to level the playing field and ensure that our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
We have a proven track record of success in Rhode Island, and we are familiar with the statutes of limitations and other laws that can impact your case. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an accident, we urge you to contact us today for a free consultation.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in Rhode Island?
The statute of Limitations is the length of time you have to file a lawsuit before you lose your right to sue. In Rhode Island, for most cases it is three years from the date of the incident. This means that if someone injures you, you have three years to file a suit against them. If you do not, then you cannot get any money or compensation for your injuries. The statutes of limitation can differ from state to state, and it is important to know what they are in your state. If someone hurts you, it is important to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer about filing a case. They can help you understand how much time you have to sue.
How Much Money Am I Entitled to for a Personal Injury Claim?
If you’ve been hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you might be wondering how much compensation you’re entitled to. Personal injury law cases, including those with crash injuries, can be complicated, and a number of factors will influence the amount of compensation you receive. The degree of injury will be taken into account first. If you sustained permanent damage or required extensive medical treatment, you will most likely receive a larger award than if you were not. Finally, in these cases, damages for pain and suffering may be awarded. These damages are intended to compensate you for your physical and emotional suffering as a result of your mental and physical trauma. If you have been injured in an accident, you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss your case and determine how much compensation you may be entitled to.
What can help win your case:
- Evidence at trial
- List of expenses
- Clearly explaining the degree of injury
- Documentation of the out-of-pocket expenses
- Documentation of the police report
If the Other Person Is at Fault but Doesn’t Have Any Insurance Coverage, What Should You Do?
If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be wondering what to do if the other party does not have insurance. While obtaining compensation in these situations can be difficult, there are a few options available. One option is to file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party. You may be able to collect damages from the defendant’s personal assets if you win the case. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, you can also file a claim with your own insurance company. Finally, you may be able to file a claim with your state’s uninsured motorist fund, which compensates victims of accidents caused by uninsured drivers. While recovering compensation in these situations can be difficult, it is critical to remember that you have options and to investigate all potential avenues of recourse. Our legal team at Marin and Barrett, Inc. can help.
Should My Case Go to Trial?
If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be thinking about filing a personal injury lawsuit. While the prospect of going to trial may be intimidating, it’s important to remember that the majority of personal injury cases are settled out of court. In fact, less than 5% of personal injury cases proceed to trial. Whether your case is settled out of court or goes to trial, you will need to work with a trial attorney who can guide you through the legal process and advocate on your behalf. If your case goes to trial, the judge or jury will hear both sides’ testimony and examine the evidence before making a decision. While going to trial can be a time-consuming and complicated process, keep in mind that you have the right to have your case heard by a judge or jury. You can protect your rights throughout the legal process by retaining the services of an experienced attorney.
What Is a Trial Attorney?
A trial attorney is a legal professional who represents clients in court. Our trial attorneys handle every aspect of a case, from gathering evidence at trial to ensuring the degree of injury is properly represented to the jury. They might also be in charge of choosing and questioning witnesses, preparing legal documents, and delivering closing arguments. Our seasoned lawyers at Marin and Barrett, Inc. will work hard to ensure you get the most for your claim. From motor vehicle collisions to bicycle accident personal injury cases, we can help.
Trial Attorneys will prove your case by:
- Showing the list of expenses you incurred
- Explaining the medical care that was needed for your injury
- Showing that what you received was reasonable care
- Explaining future care that you will need and sharing that plan of treatment
- Outlining how the negligent party is at fault
Contact Our Rhode Island Law Firm
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to speak with our personal injury attorneys. These lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve for your life-altering injuries.
Marin and Barrett, Inc. has a dedicated team of personal injury lawyers in Rhode Island who have decades of experience and can help you file a claim and negotiate with the insurance company.
Schedule a free consultation with us today to discuss your case. We would be happy to answer any questions you have about our services.
In order to determine the value of the Rhode Island personal injury case, the Providence slip and fall attorneys or Rhode Island personal injury attorney must look at a combination of factors including pain and suffering, lost wages, permanency of the injury, any scarring or disfigurement, loss of consortium, medical bills, periods of disability, etc. Our injury attorneys have experience in complex personal injury and wrongful death litigation in both state and federal courts, as well as more specialized practice areas such as medical malpractice, social security disability insurance and workers’ compensation. Rhode Island personal injury and accident attorney Matthew Marin has experience handling car accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, construction accidents and more, including cases of catastrophic injury or wrongful death. A Rhode Island Lawyer who is well-versed in personal injury law will understand all the complex laws that govern personal injuries and depending on your case, will be able to find ways to claim damages to property or as a result of personal injuries, usually in the form of monetary compensation.
Cities We Service:
Want to Learn More? Personal Injury Law Resources:
Places to Visit in Rhode Island
- Bellevue Avenue Historic District 170-230 Bellevue Avenue, 02840: The district contains a total of eight structures that have been individually recognized as deserving of the status of National Historic Landmarks.
- International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino 194 Bellevue Ave, 02840: This place houses a museum, outdoor grass courts, and an indoor tennis facility. Its mission is to preserve and spread awareness of the sport of tennis around the world.
- Beavertail Lighthouse Museum Beavertail Rd, 02835: This museum is home to a collection of knowledge, artifacts, and discussion pertaining to the history of the third-oldest lighthouse in North America.
- Jamestown Museum 92 Narragansett Ave, 02835: The Jamestown Historical Society is in charge of maintaining and operating this place, which is a local history museum that details the history of the town.
- Conanicut Battery Historic Park Battery Ln, 02835: The location provides visitors with a breathtaking panorama of the Narragansett Bay West Passage.
- Fort Wetherill State Park 3 Fort Wetherill Rd, 02835: Fort Wetherill, which is well-known for the excellent view it offers of Newport Harbor and the East Passage of Narragansett Bay, has become a popular location for spectators interested in watching the multiple America’s Cup Races and Tall Ship Events.
- Museum of Work & Culture 42 S Main St, 02895: Exhibits at the museum highlight the city’s long history of participation in the textile manufacturing industry.
- Roger Williams Park Zoo 1000 Elmwood Ave, 02907: This is the first zoo in New England to receive certification from the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It features over 150 animals from across the world in natural environments.
- Seabee Museum and Memorial Park 21 Iafrate Way, 02852: It is a military history museum in Davisville that is not for profit and is dedicated to the Seabees of the United States Navy.
- Old Slater Mill National Historic Landmark 67 Roosevelt Ave, 02860: This is a historic textile mill complex that was modeled after cotton spinning mills that were first built in England.
- Stadium Theatre Performing Arts Centre 28 Monument Square, 02895: The Stadium is a first-rate entertainment venue that hosts concerts, musicals, plays, as well as education and training in dance and theater.
- Rhode Island Convention Center 1 Sabin St, 02903: The Rhode Island Convention Center Authority, which is also in charge of running the Dunkin’ Donuts Center and the Veterans Memorial Auditorium, is in charge of running this place.